Janette M. Braverman
COMMUNITY LEADER | CEO | AUTHOR | MENTOR | TECHNOLOGY EXPERT
2021 Professional Dimensions Imprint Award Winner
In 2021, Janette M. Braverman was given the Professional Dimensions Imprint Award. Professional Dimensions is an executive women’s organization that uplifts women across Wisconsin. Learn more about Janette’s story by listening to this inspirational video about how she has juggled multiple leadership roles over the years while giving back to her community.
BOARD MEMBERSHIPS & COMMUNITY SERVICE:
- Board of Directors Zoological Society of Milwaukee (August 2020 – Present)
- Milwaukee Women’s Inc. Steering Committee (September 2020 – Present)
- President, NAACP Ozaukee County (January 2021 – Present)
- Elected Official – Ozaukee County Board Supervisor (June 2016 – April 2022)
- Ozaukee County Public Safety Committee (April 2020 – April 2022)
- Ozaukee County Health and Human Services Committee (June 2016 – April 2020)
- City of Mequon – Economic Development Board (June 2016 – April 2020)
- WWBIC Veterans Business Owners Council (April 2019 – January 2020)
- Tempo Milwaukee Member (October 2018 – Present)
- 2021 Wisconsin’s 48 Most Influential Black Leaders
- 2021 Imprint Award from the Professional Dimensions women’s organization
- 2021, 2020 Milwaukee Business Journal Power Broker
- 2019 NAACP Game Changer Award
- 2018 Milwaukee Business Journal Woman of Influence
REVELANT STRENGTHS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
- Board Governance and Collaboration
- P&L | Operating Leadership
- ESG Advancement
- Coaching | Talent Development/Succession
- County and City Government Leadership
- College Dean | Education Leadership
- Non-profit Leadership
- Technology Leadership | Business Process Transformation – Manufacturing & Engineering
- Published Author: Braverman, J. M. (2017). 10 reasons communication brings transformation: Unleash your greatness. Milwaukee, WI: HenschelHaus Publishing.
- Forbes Contributor (Forbes.com)
- Keynote Speaker | Panelist
- Featured on TMJ4’s The Morning Blend | NPR Lake Effect WUWM 89.7
DEGREES & PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a minor in Computer Information Systems from the University of Texas at El Paso (1995)
- Master of Science in Business Management from Cardinal Stritch University (2009)
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace Certificate, University of South Florida Muma College of Business (May 2021)
- ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management (2013)
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification (2010)
- Lean for the Office Certification, University of Michigan (2010)
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) (2005)
- Masters Certificate in Project Management, George Washington University (2005)
Janette has juggled multiple leadership roles while serving various communities. She currently serves as the President of the NAACP of Ozaukee County. Additionally, she served three terms as an Ozaukee County Board Supervisor for Ozaukee County from June 2016 to April 2022. She made history by becoming the 1st African American to serve in this role. Her responsibilities included representing over 3700 constituents across District 24, setting and approving county policies and budgets, and staff appointments. She also served 2 years on the Public Safety Committee and 4 years on Health and Human Services Committee.
Janette was raised in El Paso, TX, where she learned to speak Spanish fluently as a child. Upon graduating from college, she worked for Phillips Magnavox leading technology initiatives across El Paso and Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua. After living in Colorado Springs for 4 years, working for high-tech, software engineering and manufacturing companies such as Lockheed Martin Aerospace, she relocated to Wisconsin in 2000 to work for Harley-Davidson, Inc. (H-D). She worked at H-D for over 12 years and held positions of increasing responsibility during her time with the company. As a technology and business process transformation program manager, she led several global, multi-million dollar initiatives including implementing an enterprise-wide project management methodology for the company.
Janette also worked for Rockwell Automation for almost 5 years in the Project Management Office overseeing a global team and $300M budget. She implemented project leadership and financial management training for directors, resource managers and project leaders across the organization. Thereafter, she was woo’d into the position of Dean for the College of Business and Management at Cardinal Stritch University where her responsibilities included P&L management for multiple campuses. She increased student enrollment and retention by over 80%, restructured college processes, implemented faculty training, student services, and ensured academic excellence that secured ongoing academic accreditation through the Higher Learning Commission and the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). Thereafter, she served as the Executive Director of External Partnerships for Stritch, establishing key corporate partnerships across the Midwest.
Janette’s leadership experience along with her professional background, have allowed her to pivot seamlessly across industries: government, information technology, manufacturing, engineering, non-profit and education. She will bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to any corporate board.
In 2011, Janette started Leaders Leaving Legacies, LLC where she pursues her passion of empowering business executives and entrepreneurs through professional coaching, mentoring and business launch. Janette’s mission is to not only leave a legacy for her children, but to serve and give back to the communities in which she works and lives while empowering others to do the same.
She is the author of 10 Reasons Communication Brings Transformation: Unleash Your Greatness and has published several articles for Forbes and other media platforms. She is also a keynote speaker and facilitator; teaching around various topics including leadership and career development, diversity, equity and inclusion, and effective leadership communication.
Janette has received several awards and honors for her inspirational leadership including: Wisconsin’s Top 48 Most Influential Black Leaders (2021), Milwaukee Business Journal’s Power Brokers (2020, 2021), Professional Dimensions Imprint Award (2021), the NAACP Game Changer Award (2019), and the MBJ Woman of Influence Award (2018) and more.
She is also involved in several organizations focused on empowering women executives that give her access to an even broader network: Tempo Milwaukee, Professional Dimensions and the Milwaukee Women’s Inc. Steering Committee whose focus is to amplify opportunities for women to serve on corporate boards.
She holds a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a minor in Computer Information Systems from the University of Texas at El Paso, and a Master of Science in Business Management from Cardinal Stritch University, and several professional certifications.